Username Password
 |  Hire Home | Internal | Admin | Help
Frequently Asked Questions

Please read the questions below before contacting the District about your application. Questions are grouped into categories to help you find information quickly.

Question Categories
Q:Can I save my incomplete application and return to complete it at a later time?A:Yes. You may logout of your application at any time and return later. When you are ready to complete your application, enter your username and password and you will be allowed to continue your application if the job posting is still open.Back to TopQ:How do I apply for a job?A:Once you find a job you would like to apply for simply click on the title of the job (e.g. "Maintenance Technician"). Then you will review a description of the job and click on the Apply for This Position button. At this point you will either need to login to an existing account you have already created of create a new account. To create a new account click on Create A New Account And Apply For This Position button. Then answer the on-screen questions to create an account. You must complete all required fields and click the "Save and Submit" button at the end of the application. When your application is successfully submitted, you will receive a Confirmation Number. You can use this confirmation number to reference a specific application.Back to TopQ:Which positions use the online application?A:The on-line application is used for the four areas in Human Resources- Professional (Teachers and Non-teaching), Paraprofessionals and Clerks, Substitutes, and Classified.Back to TopQ:Do I have to provide past experience?A:If you have prior experience, you should list it. This helps us get to know you.Back to TopQ:If I am an experienced teacher, do I have to list my student teaching experience?A:If you have taught for one (1) full year, you do not have to enter your student teaching experience.Back to TopQ:I have updated my profile but when I view a PDF of my application it shows the old information. Is there any way to overwrite this?A:When you submit an application, the system locks your answers in permanently. HR departments are aware of this and know to check candidate profiles for updated information.Back to TopQ:What happens if I withdraw my application?A:If you withdraw your application the district will no longer consider you for the position from which you are withdrawing. If you withdraw by mistake, please contact the district and they can re-activate your application.Back to TopQ:My application status says “Incomplete”. What should I do?A:If your application status reads “Incomplete,” you will need to contact the district to ask why they have marked it this way. The district’s HR department will tell you if additional application materials are needed.Back to Top
Q:What types of files do you accept for Resume, Cover Letter, Letters of Reference etc?A:All files attached to your application must be in .txt, .rtf, .pdf, .docx, or .doc format. If you need to upload an image or scan, you must convert it to pdf or place it into a Word doc file.Back to TopQ:What documents should I send in?A:Professional non-teaching applicants must send official transcripts and previous job evaluations and/ or appraisals to Human Resources. Paraprofessional and Classified applicants should mail the experience affidavit to the Human Resources department. Please put the envelope to the attention of the appropriate section.Back to TopQ:I have an application on file. May I submit a letter of interest and resume for the posted position?A:Yes, you may submit as many letters of interest with a resume as you wish for posted positions. However, only one application is required.Back to TopQ:Can I upload more attachments?A:You are currently limited to a maximum of six (6) upload documents. These will carry over to other applications if you apply for more than one job.Back to TopQ:Can I upload a separate group of attachments for each job posting to which I apply?A:At this time there is no way to upload different attachments for different job postings. If you overwrite your current attachments with new ones then the old versions will no longer be viewable by the district.Back to TopQ:Can I upload different cover letters for each job posting to which I apply?A:There is currently no way to upload different cover letters for each job to which you apply. It is best to use a generic cover letter when adding one to your attachments page. This may be unnecessary in some cases where districts have a specific page on their application for you to type your cover letter.Back to Top
Q:How do I check the status of my application?A:Log into your account and then click on the Application Status tab. If you have already applied for a job it will be listed under the Current Applications section. If you want to view additional details about the job you applied for click on the Details link associated with the job. If you have applied for jobs in the past that have been filled, it will be listed in the Previous Applications section.Back to TopQ:Is this a secure website, and is my data secure?A:Yes. All data transfers use 128-bit or 256-bit encryption depending on your computer's capabilities. This is the same type of encryption used for most online banking transactions.Back to TopQ:I forgot my username or password. How can I retrieve it?A:From the main job listings page, click the link "I Forgot My Password." Enter your email address into the box and your information will be sent to that email address.Back to TopQ:Is my information confidential?A:SAISD is a public entity. Your application is considered a public document and is subject to disclosure, upon request, whether you apply with a paper document or through the on-line process. Our applicant files are available for principals to review as vacancies occur. Applications for teaching positions are available to principals to review as vacancies occur. You may be asked to provide your social security number as part of the employment process with the San Antonio Independent School District. In accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974, 5 USC 552 (a), disclosure of your social security number is optional except for purposes of receiving wages; however, failure to provide it may result in processing delays if we have multiple applicants with the same or similar names.

Should you elect to disclose your social security number for reasons other than receiving wages and withholding taxes, San Antonio ISD would utilize your social security number for the following reasons: (1) Submission to the Safe School Project for the purposes of performing mandatory criminal background checks: (2) submission to the Texas State Board for Educator Certification for purposes of determining your professional status or other licensure status. Should the San Antonio ISD require your social security number for any other purpose not listed above, we will obtain your consent before utilizing your social security number.
Back to TopQ:If my certification areas is not listed or if my college major is not listed, what should I do?A:If you do not find the right infomation to select from your certification or school major, leave the field blank and fill in the information as it appears on your certificate and/ or transcript in the appropriate box.Back to TopQ:If I have applied to SAISD before do I need to submit a new application?A:All professional applications remain active for one (1) full year. All other applications remain active for six (6) months. You may keep your file active by upating your information. Go to the on-line application and click on 'already applied'. Enter your user id and password. If you have forgotten your user id and password, click on your password hint. If you have difficulty, call the Human Resources Office at 210-554-8507.Back to TopQ:What documents do I hand carry to the Human Resources inteview?A:Other than professional non-teaching applicants everyone selected for an interview should hand carry:
1. Documentation of Education (as required by the position)
A. GED certificate
B. High School Diploma
C. Official College and/or University transcripts that show all degrees earned.
2. State Driver License
3. Social Security Card
4. Professional Licensure/ Certificates
5. CDL License if applicable
Back to TopQ:If I have questions, who should I contact?A:
Administrative 210-554-8520
Certified positions: 210-554-8500
Paraprofessional/Clerical: 210-554-8470
Substitutes/Part-time: 210-554-8473
Classified/Skilled Trades:210-554-8440
Back to TopQ:How do I apply to jobs as an internal applicant?A:To apply to jobs as an internal applicant, you must currently be employed by the district to which you are applying. There are two ways to create an internal account. Some districts have an “Internal” button enabled at the top right of the screen which will take you through the process of creating an internal account. If you have already created an account and would like to change it to internal, select the “Account Settings” option at the top of the screen after you have logged in. On the right side of the page there is an “Account Type” section. Here you can change your external account to internal by selecting “I am a current employee.”Back to TopQ:How do I view internal job postings?A:To view internal job postings, login with an internal account. The internal postings will appear under the job listings with all of the external postings.Back to TopQ:How do I transfer my Recruit & Hire account from one district to another?A:To transfer your account, sign out of the site (if applicable) and begin applying for the position you would like. You will be prompted to create a new account, sign in, or transfer a currently existing account. Enter the email and password that is connected with your other Recruit & Hire account. Enter the state that the account is located in and press continue. The site will locate your other account. You can then select it to transfer the information over. Please be aware that only some of your profile information will be moved over. You will still need to fill out certain sections on new applications.Back to TopQ:Can I combine multiple Recruit & Hire accounts with different districts?A:Unfortunately you are not able to combine accounts at this time.Back to TopQ:How do I find out about new job postings?A:You can sign up for job alerts on the main login page. Once this is done, you will receive weekly email notices of the jobs that the district has posted.Back to TopQ:How do I change the email address and password linked to my account?A:You can change your account information by select “Account Settings” at the top of the web page. To access account settings you will first need to login.Back to TopQ:If I transfer my account, do I lose all the information in the initial district?A:No information will be lost if you transfer your account. Your account with the previous district will remain active.Back to TopQ:My contact information (e-mail address, phone number, etc). has changed. How do I update this in your system?A:Login to TalentEd. Go to "Account Settings" at the top. Change your information here and click save. Also, ensure that your attachments, in particular your resume, also contain this updated information. The resume can be updated by going to the 'Profile Tab' and clicking on Update application. You will need to save and continue until you get to the attachment page. Once updated here, it will update on all applications in the system.Back to Top